[Pharo-project] Problem with Arch Linux and Cog

Milan Mimica milan.mimica at gmail.com
Wed Jan 11 06:25:24 EST 2012

This is what you get for trying to make a binary that just works on any x86
Linux distribution. It won't work. Vendors don't like it, Linus doesn't
like it, RMS hates it :) The proper fix to all of this problems would be to
provide distribution specific packages. I know that's a lot more of work
and many more people should be involved into this, but how hard can it be?
Any piece of software aimed to linux has packages for most popular
distributions, so it is doable. And once you provide a decent package,
vendors may take over it and make it official and maintain it for you.
I could do the Slackware package.

PS. I do love on-click paradigm. Too bad it doesn't work.

--
Milan Mimica
http://sparklet.sf.net