[Pharo-project] [update 1.4] #14279

Ben Coman btc at openInWorld.com
Sat Jan 7 19:12:56 EST 2012

Stéphane Ducasse wrote:
> 14279
> -----
>
> - Issue 5157:	Finder > Class > right-click > Hierarchy opens not on Class but on FinderClassNode. Tx Benjamin van Ryseghem.
> 	http://code.google.com/p/pharo/issues/detail?id=5157

This was reported by me on Pharo-1.3-13315 yesterday and closed
overnight, so I'm impressed with the response time.  Now while this is
hardly a critical issue I'm curious... now that it issue is marked
closed, what is the plan to track these small fixes and roll them into a
Pharo-1.3.1?   Once you get the business support model up and running I
would imagine this task falls to the paid engineers.  (Release
management is not exciting.) From a business perspective I would think
that this is (almost) MORE important than the good refactoring work your
doing to come out in a future version.

There is a rule I've commonly seen in business to never use anything
that is x.x.0.  Wait for the "first service release" is the mantra.
Seeing the versions go only from 1.3.0 to 1.4.0 to 1.5.0 does not
instill business confidence in the stability of the platform.  Maybe you
are willing to sacrifice that image at this early stage to move faster
with limited resources, but just something to consider.

keep up the good work,
cheers, Ben