[Pharo-project] happy new year plus cogdroid news

Alain Rastoul alr.dev at free.fr
Fri Jan 6 12:45:23 EST 2012

Hi Guido,
Sure, nobody will redevelop the google stack or APIs, just interface with it.
The Pharo image have an event mechanism, and IMHO it should be possible to make some interface to Andoid APIs.
If i'm correct the Nexus is a phone, not a tablet ?

Alain
  "Guido Stepken" <gstepken at googlemail.com> a écrit dans le message de news: CANXOX8-4-XPfvjChy8VR9Q_kO7MGeZ7rO4YzRAna28a6iZR3EA at mail.gmail.com...
  Hi!

  With Android 4.0 the complete design has changed a lot. Icons have become scalable, have direct path to different service  daemons, written in C++, Java, Linux increasingly becomes an "event machine" reacting on streams coming over BlueTooth, Wifi, Wimax, USBGPS, GSM, SMS, UMTS, HSPA+, LTE, informing apps, starting processes.

  A few thousand man-years have been invested by Google already, no chance *ever* for any team to keep up with.

  Android 4.0 is a free advertising platform on handy. I am using 4.0.x on Nexus for a few days now and am really surprised. I only get AD popups fullscreen from the OS (not within the browser) what i have been searching for on different platforms in the browser or having discussed via mail, twitter, facebook ... Google seems to collect information directly from my virtual   keyboard (i have agreed to this explicitly, so please no paranoia!).

  Times have changed. You are no longer free to choose your programming language.

  Have fun, Guido Stepken