[Pharo-project] Bug in #pointsTo: ?

Mariano Martinez Peck marianopeck at gmail.com
Fri Jan 6 09:19:06 EST 2012

On Fri, Jan 6, 2012 at 2:59 PM, Stéphane Ducasse
<stephane.ducasse at inria.fr>wrote:

> On Jan 6, 2012, at 2:46 PM, Levente Uzonyi wrote:
>
> > Of course, but I'd check for the class equality first, because it's
> faster (yeah, i know you turned off inlining of #class, but Cog doesn't
> care about that ;)).

Ok, makes sense.

> Another thing that you should add (besides tests of course) is
> SmallInteger >> #pointsTo: which should return false.

Ok.

> Also make sure that pointer tracing tools use #pointsTo:. In Squeak I
> found that some of them "reinvented" this method…

I found a problem with the PointerFinder:
http://forum.world.st/Help-pointersTo-broken-and-fix-but-I-don-t-understand-why-it-fixes-td4244097.html
However, I still don't understand why it works if I use #instVarsInclude:
and doesn't with  #pointsTo:

Do you mean what I understand :)? that some tools compiled methods? :)

--
Mariano
http://marianopeck.wordpress.com