[Pharo-project] Pharo by Example

Serge Stinckwich serge.stinckwich at gmail.com
Wed Jan 4 20:06:43 EST 2012

2012/1/5 Gerry Weaver <gerryw at compvia.com>:
> Hello All,
>
> I'm new to Pharo and SmallTalk. I am trying to follow "Pharo by Example",
> but my Pharo browser is not the same. I tried to follow the FAQ about how to
> fix that, but the drop down menu doesn't look the same either. Should I be
> using a different version of Pharo? I'm using 1.3.

Hi Gerry,

Yes the last version of Pharo By Example use a specific version (close
to Pharo 1.0).
You can download this version here:
https://gforge.inria.fr/frs/download.php/27023/PBE-1.0.zip

Maybe you can start this version and switch to a more recent version
when you feel more confident with the IDE.

Regards,

PS: BTW, this is Smalltalk not SmallTalk.
--
Serge Stinckwich
Matsuno Laboratory, Kyoto University, Japan (until 12/2011)