[Pharo-project] TWM Bug - different world menu

laurent laffont laurent.laffont at gmail.com
Wed Jan 4 02:26:05 EST 2012

On Fri, Dec 30, 2011 at 4:01 AM, Sean P. DeNigris <sean at clipperadams.com>wrote:

> When I access the world menu through the TWM bar, some of the items I have
> registered do not show up. Maybe items added after TWM was loaded do not
> show up. Anyone else notice this?

Yes I can reproduce it.

The problem comes from TWMBar>>newWorldMenu. This is executed when the
TWMBar is built and associate current world menu that is not updated when
an entry is added.

A solution that needs cleanup:

TWMBar>>newWorldMenu
^ MenuItemMorph new
contents: '';
 subMenu:  (UpdatingMenuMorph new updater: self updateSelector:
#updateWorldMenu:);
icon: self openWorldMenuIcon;
 setBalloonText: 'Open World menu'.

TWMBar>>updateWorldMenu: aMenu
self windowManager world worldMenu items do: [:aMenuItem| aMenu
addMenuItem:  aMenuItem].

Laurent