[Pharo-project] About announcements

Sean P. DeNigris sean at clipperadams.com
Tue Jan 3 10:24:19 EST 2012

Igor Stasenko wrote

> as well as it could serve as a source of confusion, because you using
> same protocol for different purposes
> in two different frameworks.
> A medal always has two sides :)
>
>> Consistency makes frameworks easy to understand and use.

I think having the two frameworks have the same API would be much easier
than if they were almost the same. And I don't think that similarity would
cause confusion - quite the opposite. When working with a different
framework, I've already shifted my context to the abstractions of that
framework. However, my fingers naturally want to
type/select-from-autocomplete/etc. the exact same things they've done
before, and I don't have to look at a browser to see "how was that selector
slightly different from the other one?"