[Pharo-project] [ VM ]Smalltalk getSystemAttribute:

Esteban Lorenzano estebanlm at gmail.com
Mon Jan 2 17:48:04 EST 2012

El 02/01/2012, a las 4:39p.m., David T. Lewis escribió:

>> Real problem then is:
>>
>> we don't have a way  to get the executable name
>>
>> or
>>
>> getSystemAttribute: comment is wrong :)
>>

> On a unix VM, it answers the full path to the executable, which is
> in agreement with the comment. For example:
>
>  Smalltalk getSystemAttribute: 0 ==> '/usr/local/lib/squeak/4.7.18-2505/squeakvm'
>
> Maybe is is more complicated for Mac, but wasn't there some discussion
> about it on vm-dev a while back?

I don't remember :)
so, how can we solve this? of course, it is not a problem to make getSystemAttribute: 0 answer argv[0], but that's not the expected behavior... we can be making a mistake, because it should answer vm path, no vm fullName.
I can add a 10XX number to answer vm full name, but that will lead to consistency problems inside the image...

I really don't know how to proceed :(

Esteban