[Pharo-project] glamour and pharo

Lukas Renggli renggli at gmail.com
Mon Jan 2 05:08:54 EST 2012

> please read this mail until the end before replying :)

Done.

>> Moreover, every generic framework included with the core will sooner
>> or later introduce dependencies from random core packages.
>
> Why do you say random. Of course people make mistakes and are not perfect. But we will fix it.

I am saying "random" because people (including me) will start to use
whatever the auto-completion is offering. And we all know that the
proposals of the auto-completion are rather random at times. You can
see that in Pharo, Seaside, Pier, Magritte, ... over time packages
tend to blend. Whatever you add now, you cannot easily remove
tomorrow.

> You see I read and spent time to answer your kind of mail. Because you are still my friend
> and because I had a lot of fun with you and I'm sure that you could have fun with us.

Thank you.

Now this makes me wonder how I should behave if I am not allowed to
say why I think that Pharo is on the wrong track?

You want me to shut up and fork from Pharo 1.3? I guess this is only
way, because with the inclusion of RB into Pharo 1.4 people that want
to use the original version and everything that depends on it (maybe
this is just me?) are locked out.

Lukas

--
Lukas Renggli