[Pharo-project] [Pharo-users] New feature in Nautilus

Erwan Douaille douailleerwan at gmail.com
Mon Aug 6 08:43:47 EDT 2012


2012/8/6 Pavel Krivanek <pavel.krivanek at gmail.com>

> On Mon, Aug 6, 2012 at 2:00 PM, Erwan Douaille <douailleerwan at gmail.com>
> wrote:
> > I'm a tab lover too and i think Esteban's idea is cool.
> >
> > Visualize a lot of methods code is cool but visualize it in a 200 at 200morph
> > dimension is for me impossible. In this case tab is a good solution.
> >
> > Now you also get my point of view :)
> >
> > (And tabs can also be a good idea for workspace ... sometimes i open at
> > least than 4 of them and it just can be cool to regroup them in 1 window)
>
> But in Pharo 2.0 you can make tabs from any kind of windows including
> Workspaces - go to the window menu and click on 'Create window group'.
>
> Thanks ! (Still working on Moose for the moment so i didn't see changes on
2.0) . I just try it and get the same functionality can be cool for
nautilus :)

-- Pavel
>
> > 2012/8/6 Esteban Lorenzano <estebanlm at gmail.com>
> >>
> >> ok... since Mariano says that I need to be more clear, I will try to
> >> explain why I want tabs as a layout:
> >>
> >> being capable of have many methods opened in a browser allows more
> >> use-cases that just visualize them together. At least, that
> functionality
> >> allow us to *edit* them together, something that is very important to me
> >> (even more than see them). Right now, I solve this by opening several
> >> browsers, but If I can have a tabbed layout, I can group them in an
> unique
> >> browser and edit all of them together. Yes, I know, I could do it also
> with
> >> current layout...
> >> And I'm not asking to replace current layout with a tab layout... I just
> >> ask to, in case you add different layouts, add one tab-layout too (for
> us
> >> the tab lovers :)
> >> that's all
> >>
> >> Esteban
> >>
> >> On Aug 6, 2012, at 12:28 PM, Esteban Lorenzano <estebanlm at gmail.com>
> >> wrote:
> >>
> >> > They don't make sense for you (and Mariano), but they make perfectly
> >> > sense for me :)
> >> > In fact, scrolling window also hides methods, so... what's the
> problem?
> >> > I would prefer to have most of my methods in tabs, just because I
> want to
> >> > edit all together... not because I want to see them at the same time
> (btw, a
> >> > "save all button" wold be great too).
> >> > And yes, I know there is groups for that... but I hate groups and, as
> >> > you say, I love tabs... so... give me tabs and just don't use them
> yourself!
> >> > :P
> >> >
> >> > Esteban
> >> >
> >> > On Aug 6, 2012, at 12:22 PM, Benjamin
> >> > <benjamin.vanryseghem.pharo at gmail.com> wrote:
> >> >
> >> >> Tabs do not make sense since they do not allow to see multiple method
> >> >> at the same time
> >> >> I know you are in love with tabs, but not for this ;)
> >> >>
> >> >> Ben
> >> >>
> >> >>
> >> >> On Aug 6, 2012, at 11:25 AM, Esteban Lorenzano wrote:
> >> >>
> >> >>>
> >> >>> On Aug 6, 2012, at 11:10 AM, Mariano Martinez Peck
> >> >>> <marianopeck at gmail.com> wrote:
> >> >>>>
> >> >>>> - I would also love different display layouts to choose:
> horizontal,
> >> >>>> vertical, rows/columns, etc :)
> >> >>>
> >> >>> tabs :)
> >> >>>
> >> >>>
> >> >>
> >> >>
> >> >
> >>
> >>
> >
> >
> >
> > --
> > Best regards,
> >
> > Douaille Erwan <douaille.erwan at gmail.com>
>
>


-- 
Best regards,

Douaille Erwan <douaille.erwan at gmail.com>
-------------- next part --------------
An HTML attachment was scrubbed...
URL: <http://lists.pharo.org/pipermail/pharo-dev_lists.pharo.org/attachments/20120806/4fbb3c11/attachment-0001.html>


More information about the Pharo-dev mailing list