[Pharo-project] Zinc HTTPS

Norbert Hartl norbert at hartl.name
Mon Sep 12 06:43:12 EDT 2011

Am 12.09.2011 um 12:35 schrieb Sven Van Caekenberghe:

> On 12 Sep 2011, at 12:28, Norbert Hartl wrote:
>
>> And the archive you provided only works on Mac because it needs a dedicated VM and you included only the Mac one, right?
>
> No, it only works on the Mac (the snapshort image is the easiest way to test things).
>
> The problem is that the new SocketStream implementation worked fine for me during development (on Mac), but later I found out that there are subtle but critical problems on the other platforms.

Subtle means they are not easy to reproduce?

I think your initiative is an important one. SSL is gaining more momentum and it is a must-have these days. It would be good to build a little bit of infrastructure around and try to evolve it. What are your plans with Zodiac? What would you wish should happen to it?

Norbert