[Pharo-project] Instantiating from a Symbol

Markus Rother smalltalk at markusrother.de
Mon Nov 7 09:29:58 EST 2011

Hello everybody,

I am fairly new to ST and have been following this list since a few weeks.

A very brief introduction of myself:
I am a 32 year old student of informatics with a degree in political
sciences. Currently i am located in Regensburg, Germany. Most of my
previous programming was in python, along with some php and javascript.

The issue I could not solve on my own is this:
I would like to instantiate from symbols. My use-case is a collection of
class names which I want to ask to return one instance each.

Such that:
#Foo asClass new -> a Foo
whereas asClass is the method I am looking for.

I am using Pharo 1.3.

I did not find any description of what I want to achieve on the internet.

Many thanks in advance,
Markus