[Pharo-project] Simple vs. Easy

Jimmie Houchin jlhouchin at gmail.com
Thu Nov 3 16:21:55 EDT 2011

Hello,

I watched a video presentation by Rich Hickey, the creator of Clojure,
on Simple Made Easy.
www.infoq.com/presentations/Simple-Made-Easy

It is a very interesting video. I don't necessarily agree with
everything he says. But I believe he makes some valuable distinctions
between simple and easy.

Where are we in Pharo simple?
Where are we easy?

What can we do to move things from easy to simple?

I am not qualified to answer his challenge to object oriented languages.
But I feel that Smalltalk is the most functional OO language I've seen.
And I don't necessarily mean functional in the programming methodology
sense, but I don't rule it out either. I don't believe that C++ and Java
will provide the best OO or programming experience.

Watch the video.
I would love to hear some opinions from the community.

How can we move Pharo to be a better answer to Simple vs. Easy?

Thanks.

Jimmie