[Pharo-project] Silly Tweet

Igor Stasenko siguctua at gmail.com
Wed Jun 29 18:16:04 EDT 2011

On 30 June 2011 00:12, Stephan Eggermont <stephan at stack.nl> wrote:
> Igor wrote:
>>On 29 June 2011 15:56, Schwab,Wilhelm K <bschwab at anest.ufl.edu wrote:
>>> Having an archive seems sufficient - those who need old versions for use or research can get them; they don't have to be clogging up the build server.  Sounds great.
>>
>>Indeed. If people would like to use older releases, they should look
>>for another place, not for build server.
>>Since build server are there to build & test bleeding-edge (under
>>development) versions, but not ones which already released and years
>>old.
>
> Ok, so you simply do not want the builds to be used by others.

Its not about that we don't want users to download older versions
(they are available for download at pharo official site).

No. Builds purpose is to follow a development process:  new update -> new build.
Now since we're done with 1.2 (and even almost done with 1.3) there
will be no new versions for these lines,
since all development is now in 1.4.
So, there is no reason to keep jobs for 1.2 and then 1.3 on build
server, because there will be no activity around it.

--
Best regards,
Igor Stasenko AKA sig.