[Pharo-project] [GS/SS Beta] zinc incompatibilities with gemstone

Paul DeBruicker pdebruic at gmail.com
Wed Jun 29 10:57:21 EDT 2011

On 06/29/2011 09:42 AM, Esteban Lorenzano wrote:
> Hi,
> I'm loading ConfigurationOfZincHTTPComponents from MetacelloRepository, and I'm loading #bleedingEdge version of zinc, but 1.0 is not loading either.
>
> Cheers,
> Esteban

Ahh.  I forgot there was one in the MetacelloRepository.  It is
outdated.  Sorry. Use the config in

http://www.squeaksource.com/ZincHTTPComponents

After you load from the config will you load the latest Zinc-HTTP from
SqueakSource?  If so then reload the Zinc-Gemstone package afterwards
and it should fix your issues.  You may have to change the
ZnNetworkingUtils class>>socketStreamTimeout on your own as I don't
think its in the Zinc-Gemstone package.

As I mentioned to Phillipe, I don't have better ideas than to override
methods where there are platform inconsistencies that need to be
addressed for the stuff to load and run.

Maybe you would be comfortable to add a version 1.2 to the Zinc config
on squeaksource that pulls in the latest Zinc that Sven has made and
then loads the Zinc-Gemstone package.  If so please do.

Good luck and let me know what else I can help with

Paul