[Pharo-project] [GS/SS Beta] zinc incompatibilities with gemstone

Norbert Hartl norbert at hartl.name
Wed Jun 29 09:55:08 EDT 2011

Am 29.06.2011 um 15:10 schrieb Philippe Marschall:

> 2011/6/28 Paul DeBruicker <pdebruic at gmail.com>:
>> symbol asSymbol
>
> <troll>
> Every time you do this you admit that dynamic typing is a failure and
> suggested types don't work for large scale development.
> </troll>

It is not good but that's what you get if you develop in a system where #foo = 'foo' resolves to true and you try to deploy this in an environment where the same expressions resolves to false. It still means it needs to be fixed at the right place but I like to express that I can understand doing this. This striked me to death several times already.
And zinc is still in the "make it work" phase.

Norbert