[Pharo-project] 1.3 core and full image

Norbert Hartl norbert at hartl.name
Wed Jun 29 05:19:00 EDT 2011

Finally I decided to switch my working environment from 1.2 to 1.3. And I like to it from pharo core because I want to learn how can produce my own image. But I struggle right at the beginning. I could load ocompletion and shout. Loading anything that has a dependency on omnibrowser fails.
Doing it by loading

ConfigurationOfPharo project latestVersion load

it cannot resolve OB-Standard-lr.541

After that I looked on ci.pharo-project.org because there it works. But if I look at Pharo-1.3.st it loads it this way

"Dev image"
Deprecation raiseWarning: false.
Gofer new
squeaksource: 'MetacelloRepository';
package: 'ConfigurationOfPharo';
load.

((Smalltalk at: #ConfigurationOfPharo) project lastVersion) perform: #silently: with: true; perform: #load.

I don't know how this can work. In my image there is no lastVersion in metacello only latestVersion.

The presence of a thread about "not using pharo full" should show that it is rather easy to build up your own image. Unfortunately I'm too stupid to do it. How is it supposed to work?

Norbert