[Pharo-project] Phexample integrated with Autotest and OB (was ConfigurationOfPhexample (was #assert:equals: feels backwards))

Sean P. DeNigris sean at clipperadams.com
Fri Jun 24 15:39:12 EDT 2011

laurent laffont wrote:

> I suppose you have patched TestCase class>>allTestSelectors  so it can
> find
> shouldXXX methods ?

Nope, although anyone wanting #shouldXxx methods in TestCase could do that.
Phexample overrides #allTestSelectors to return both testXxx and shouldXxx
and does the work for us.

Using #allTestSelectors leaves the decision up to the library (so if people
start wanting testThatItShouldXxx or whatever, it'll still work). The other
advantage is that the behavior of OB, Autotest, and other testing tools will
stay in sync with the behavior of the underlying SUnit system.

laurent laffont wrote:

> AutotestTestFinder>>testMethodsForMethodThatStartWithShouldReturnsIt

I think this behavior is now under the SUnit umbrella and doesn't have to be
tested, no?

Sean