[Pharo-project] Zodiac Alpha - June 21, 2011

Sven Van Caekenberghe sven at beta9.be
Wed Jun 22 16:18:58 EDT 2011

A number of people have been asking for an easy/convenient way to test Zodiac, an as yet unfinished attempt at a better (secure) socket stream, in order to support HTTPS. I uploaded a 16Mb archive with a ready made image and a Mac OS X Cog VM with the necessary plugin:

	http://homepage.mac.com/svc/Zodiac-Alpha-June-21-2011.zip

Make sure to use the included VM called 'Pharo' by dropping the zodiac.image on it.

Sven

PS: Sorry, but Linux and Windows VM's don't fully work right now, I will look into this when I have more time.

"Start with a plain Pharo Core 1.2.1 #12345"

Gofer it
  squeaksource: 'ZincHTTPComponents';
  package: 'Zinc-HTTP';
  package: 'Zinc-Tests';
  package: 'Zinc-Patch-HTTPSocket';
  load.

Gofer it
  squeaksource: 'Zodiac';
  package: 'Zodiac-Core';
  package: 'Zodiac-Tests';
  load.

Gofer it
  squeaksource: 'ZincHTTPComponents';
  package: 'Zinc-Zodiac';
  load.

"Switch to the Zn Zodiac socket factory"

ZnNetworkingUtils default: ZnZodiacNetworkingUtils new.

"Note: all http(s) in the image will now go through Zodiac streams"

"** Make sure to use a Mac OS X Cog VM with the SSL plugin **"

"Run the units tests, or just try"

ZnClient get: 'https://encrypted.google.com'.