[Pharo-project] About not using full Pharo
astares at gmx.de
Mon Jun 20 10:09:06 EDT 2011
It's hard to work on core without good tools and this will
become more painfull the more we strip down core in the future.
But we all agreed that we need a stable core to build on
top of it because there are also people who just require
a core Smalltalk and not a full developer IDE or people
who have their own IDE setup or want to do experiments.
There is only one solution to this:
- repackage and introduce clean dependencies between
If this is done it is much easier
- to build a dev on top of core by loading
- to build a core by stripping a dev
- to build a kernel from core
- to have a custom image with the packages you need
And once we have done it we can extend our toolset not
only to build and test packages but also to check validness
NEU: FreePhone - kostenlos mobil telefonieren!
Jetzt informieren: http://www.gmx.net/de/go/freephone
More information about the Pharo-dev