[Pharo-project] Draft chapter on Settings Framework for PBE2 now online

Alain Plantec alain.plantec at yahoo.com
Mon Jun 20 02:36:56 EDT 2011

Hi Hernan,

First you have to declare your own keyword.
To do that, extend SettingTreeBuilder for your application by
adding a #myAppSettings method.

SettingTreeBuilder>>myAppSettings
<settingPragmaProcessor>
     "Process a <myAppSettings> pragma"
     currentPragma methodClass theNonMetaClass perform: currentPragma
selector with: self.

Then you can use <myAppSettings> as you do with <systemsettings> for the
settings declarations.
In order to open the SettingBrowser, just indicate the keywords you want:
(SettingBrowser browse: #('myAppSettings'  'systemsettings'))
or
(SettingBrowser browse: #('myAppSettings' ))

I will update the settings chapter with that.
Cheers
Alain