[Pharo-project] roadmap for 1.4

Stéphane Ducasse stephane.ducasse at inria.fr
Sun Jun 19 03:24:40 EDT 2011

On Jun 18, 2011, at 10:29 PM, Guillermo Polito wrote:

> Hi Stef!
>
> do you mean integrating all them in the Core?  Or maybe follow Markus' idea of having just one image?

yes

>  Maybe that's an important discussion to have too :).
> I can give a hand for the repository stuff.  Should we replicate repositories + metacello configs in order to be able to freeze them, isn't it?

What we want is to avoid to have two images to maintain.

Now what I would love to have is the following
	one configuration for the image
	that the build system always load and we get something smaller that the current dev.
	The idea is that core should not be used but there and just as a seed to build the system

So I would love to see how we could manage update with Metacello because we would have bootstrap the process

seed1
	+ MT1
	=> Pharo1

Pharo1 + modifications