[Pharo-project] TWM and Keymapping

laurent laffont laurent.laffont at gmail.com
Sat Jun 18 08:44:16 EDT 2011

> Something I want to fix: if an editor has the focus, TWM shortcuts don't
>> work.
>>
>  I've tried:
>>
>> TilingTWMSettings class>>buildKeyMappingSettingsOn: aBuilder
>> <keymap>
>>          {PasteUpMorph. SystemWindow. TextEditor. SmalltalkEditor}
>> do: [:aClass| aBuilder attachShortcutCategory: #twmShortcut to: aClass ].
>>
>> but no success .....
>>

> Probably the TextEditor overrides a shortcut in a non desired way...  Does
> it happen for every twm shortcut?

Yes, as soon as a text editor / entry / field is selected, TWM shortcuts
don't work... Here's the default shortcuts for TWM, maybe $w command is not
a good idea for a prefix ?

shortcuts
    ^ {
        #minimizeAllWindows         ->  'Minimize all windows'
   -> [$w command, $m command].
        #maximizeAllWindows         ->  'Maximize all windows'
   -> [$w command, $m shift  command].
        #tileVisibleWindows         ->  'Tile visible windows'
   -> [$w command, $t command].
        #tileLastUsedWindows        ->  'Tile last used windows'
   -> [$w command, $l command].
        #tileBrowsers               ->  'Tile browsers'
    -> [$w command, $b command].
        #tileWorkspaces             ->  'Tile workspaces'
    -> [$w command, $z command].
        #tileTesters                ->  'Tile testers'
   -> [$w command, $s command].
        #tileMonticellos            ->  'Tile monticellos'
   -> [$w command, $c command].
        #tileInspectors             ->  'Tile inspectors'
    -> [$w command, $i command].
        #tileDebuggers              ->  'Tile debuggers'
   -> [$w command, $d command].
        #tileChanges                ->  'Tile changes'
   -> [$w command, $c shift command].
        #tileTools                  ->  'Tile tools'
   -> [$w command, $t shift command].
        #tileSystem                 ->  'Tile system windows'
    -> [$w command, $y command].
        #snapshotWorld              ->  'Snapshot current world state'
   -> [$r command, $s command].
        #worldBackward              ->  'Move to previous world state'
   -> [$r command, $p command].
        #worldForward               ->  'Move to next world state'
   -> [$r command, $n command].
        #deleteCurrentSnapshot      ->  'Delete current world state'
   -> [$r command, $d command].
        #topWindowMoveLeft          ->  'Move window to left area'
   -> [$w command, $1].
        #topWindowMoveRight         ->  'Move window to right area'
    -> [$w command, $2].
        #topWindowMoveTop           ->  'Move window to top area'
    -> [$w command, $3].
        #topWindowMoveBottom        ->  'Move window to bottom area'
   -> [$w command, $4].
        #topWindowMoveTopLeft       ->  'Move window to top left area'
   -> [$w command, $5].
        #topWindowMoveTopRight      ->  'Move window to top right area'
    -> [$w command, $6].
        #topWindowMoveBottomLeft    ->  'Move window to bottom left area'
    -> [$w command, $7].
        #topWindowMoveBottomRight   -> 'Move window to bottom right area'
    -> [$w command, $8].
    }

>   We should write a testcase...

How can I test this ?