[Pharo-project] Anyone using ImageSegment aut-save on snapshot?

Marcus Denker marcus.denker at inria.fr
Wed Jun 15 07:18:52 EDT 2011

Hi,

There is code in the image that does check on startup for old image segments:

saveImageSegments: previousFullImageName
	"This method is used for example when you save an image with another name. In this case, if there are segments written to files and there are ImageSegment instances, then it copies the file from the previous image location, to the new one. It is like a backup of the segment files when renaming an image. "

And there is code to clean up these files:

reclaimObsoleteSegmentFiles  "ImageSegment reclaimObsoleteSegmentFiles"
	"Delete segment files that can't be used after this image is saved.
	Note that this is never necessary -- it just saves file space.
	This is usually used when we save and quit an image. It has no sense to keep ImageSegment files, if we don't have the ImageSegment object in the new image to recover that file. Thus, those objects that are not reclaimed, will be removed."

Is anyone using this?

	Marcus

INRIA Lille -- Nord Europe. Team RMoD.