[Pharo-project] Fuel version 1.4 uses #isBinary, and SIXX uses #tab:

Mariano Martinez Peck marianopeck at gmail.com
Mon Jun 13 18:00:16 EDT 2011

On Mon, Jun 13, 2011 at 11:52 PM, Yanni Chiu <yanni at rogers.com> wrote:

> FLBufferedWriteStream>>sizeBuffer: calls #isBinary, which is not currently
> implemented by FSWriteStream - probably because #isBinary is not specified
> by ANSI. Is there a reason why the stream is not always binary?

I think no and I think you are correct. Fuel is binary, and
FLBufferedWriteStream is only for Fuel, so we remove that #isBinary. Martin,
do you agree?

> Also, when using SIXX with FSWriteStream, I had to add the non-ANSI #tab:
> method to FSWriteStream. There's probably a dozen calls to #tab: in the SIXX
> code. Should #tab: be added to FSWriteStream somehow? Maybe a non-ANSI
> streams extension package?

Esteban Lorenzano wanted also to use Colin's FileSystem in Fuel instead of
the regular streams and that's why we have created the package
FuelFileSystem.  So you can add all the methods you want to FSWriteStream
under a category *FuelFileSystem. I can give you commit access to Fuel repo
if you want.

I still don't understand why you cannot directly serialize/materialize the
PRKernel instance.

--
Mariano
http://marianopeck.wordpress.com