[Pharo-project] [ANN] Pharo-1.3-13257

Marcus Denker marcus.denker at inria.fr
Fri Jun 10 15:46:16 EDT 2011

On Jun 10, 2011, at 9:31 PM, Pat Maddox wrote:

> I'm curious to know how you guys stay up to date with these builds. Do you download the zips, and then use Metacello to load your code in? I'm interested in keeping up to date w/ development progress and offering assistance, and would like some tips on how best to do that.

The best is to have a Hudson/Jenkins or some other CI server building new images as soon as an update is released... this way you can run all your tests and be sure to
not use an image where something is completely broken due to the update (of curse, can happen anyway, e.g. GUI related things).

In the future, it would be nice to have in addtion the "update from server" working for the full image (another reason why having just one image would be good).

	Marcus

INRIA Lille -- Nord Europe. Team RMoD.