[Pharo-project] [ANN] Pharo-1.3-13257

Mariano Martinez Peck marianopeck at gmail.com
Fri Jun 10 15:37:23 EDT 2011

On Fri, Jun 10, 2011 at 9:30 PM, Pat Maddox <patmaddox at me.com> wrote:

> I'm curious to know how you guys stay up to date with these builds. Do you
> download the zips, and then use Metacello to load your code in?

Me yes, because I don't have to migrate any kind of "data".
In fact, I have my own ConfgurationOfMariano that loads EVERYTHING I need
for my all projects, loads all the tools I use and are not in PharoDev
image, and set all the settings/preferences I want :)
So....every new image I download, I run a 3 lines script and I have all I
need and all in the way I like it.

> I'm interested in keeping up to date w/ development progress and offering
> assistance, and would like some tips on how best to do that.

Use Metacello to load your code. If you have state in the image (live
objects that you want to migrate), sometimes you can regenerate it. If you
can't, you may want to use a object serializer.

Cheers

Mariano