[Pharo-project] Do we freeze 1.3?

Marcus Denker marcus.denker at inria.fr
Fri Jun 3 04:10:44 EDT 2011

On May 25, 2011, at 11:29 AM, Marcus Denker wrote:

> Hello,
>
> 1.3 seems to stabilize...
>
> 	http://code.google.com/p/pharo/issues/list?can=2&q=milestone=1.3
>
> just 12 issues left.

So we have 5 issues left...

We started to tag issues 1.4 for things that are not show-stoppers:

	http://code.google.com/p/pharo/issues/list?can=2&q=milestone=1.4

My idea would be

	-> try to fix the 5 issues next week
	-> as soon as they are fixed, set the version number to 1.3 (and open 1.4 so we don't get
             drowned in open issues that are easy to add yet not for 1.3)
	-> wait 3 weeks, while fixing bugs people find and then announce the release formally.

The idea is to not have any release canditate, nor 1.3.x releases.
1.3 will just have updates as soon as somone fixes something important.

	Marcus

INRIA Lille -- Nord Europe. Team RMoD.