[Pharo-project] OSProcess on 1.2

Sean P. DeNigris sean at clipperadams.com
Thu Jun 2 18:47:52 EDT 2011

More info on hanging tests...

  UnixProcessAccessorTestCase
      testIsExecutableForUserInGroup
      testIsReadableForUserInGroup
      testIsReadable
      testIsWritable
      testIsWritableForUserInGroup

All hang on line: OSProcess waitForCommand: 'touch /tmp/delete.me'.

UnixProcess>>waitForCommand:
        <snip>
	[proc runState == #complete] whileFalse: [d wait]. <-- infinite loop

This may be related to another problem I was having with CommandShell:
  p := PipeableOSProcess command: '/bin/echo this is a test'.
  result := p output. "hangs"

ExternalUnixOSProcess>>isComplete
  ^ self runState == #complete
from PipeableOSProcess(PipeJunction)>>isComplete
from PipeableOSProcess(PipeJunction)>>outputOn:
from PipeableOSProcess(PipeJunction)>>output