[Pharo-project] [Pharo-users] TilingWM - layout policies

laurent laffont laurent.laffont at gmail.com
Wed Jun 1 02:08:13 EDT 2011

On Wed, Jun 1, 2011 at 7:27 AM, Stéphane Ducasse
<stephane.ducasse at inria.fr>wrote:

> You know wht I would love to have is a simple browser
>
> class>>selector
>        method body
>
> so that I can till my methods :)

An idea is that when we double click on a method in the browser (or use a
key shorcut) it opens a new window with just an editor with class>>method as
title. So we can open several editors that don't eat space.

Then we can add a TWM Layout strategy that put only one browser on top and
all editor windows tiled below.

Another way is that browsing panes can be hidden by default (add a setting
for this behavior) so it shows only method / class definition. Add a button
to toggle browsing panes visibility (may be easier to do this).

Laurent.