[Pharo-project] Writing an object graph into a no-sql database [WAS] Re: [Seaside] ESUG SummerTalk - Fuel, binary object serializer

Göran Krampe goran at krampe.se
Mon Aug 8 06:02:33 EDT 2011

On 08/07/2011 04:00 PM, Mariano Martinez Peck wrote:
> Thanks guys for all you answers. I am taking them into account.

A few remarks:

- If you want "just add another box" for true master less scalability
and fault tolerance (same k/v pairs stored at say 3 machines in
parallell), then Riak is an incredibly cool and nice db right now. And
while it can use JSON values it is not tied to it.

- If you want crazy speed on a single box then you can use Tokyo Tyrant
(or its newer cousin, don't recall its name). I wrote a binary binding
for it a while back and it is an insanely fast k/v store.

- CouchDB is also nice but IMHO Riak is more interesting at this time.

regards, Göran