[Pharo-project] [ANN] Presenty UI framework

Denis Kudriashov dionisiydk at gmail.com
Sun Aug 7 15:53:22 EDT 2011

2011/8/7 Stéphane Ducasse <stephane.ducasse at inria.fr>

> Question:
> Do you have a way to generate the code for the prototype one you have
> created one by direct manipulation?
> A prototype is like a specification of certain attributes?

No. Prototype is just basic morph. When guide requested to show presenter it
search saved prototype for presenter and execute "prototype veryDeepCopy" to
create view instance.
So there is no need to support specification objects. It is all basic
morphs.

Question: how do you deals with change notification and update?

I use announcements. Every presenter has announcer and every task has
announcer.
In concrete application you can use it as you like. Presenty not provide
concrete approach for this.
Now Presenty has no aspect adapters for editing model.
My business application initially based on meta-descriptions so Presenty has
only class PtyDataField with description and value. And PtyFieldModel class
which can notify about field value changes. Arbitrary object stuff is
absent. But I started to implement it.

It would be nice to see with a more striking example how you can put a
> different presenter for the list.

I show it in next screencast and of course on esug presentation.
Purpose of current screencast is show how specify presenter appearance and
how program presenters.

Is the red frame also the presenter?

No. It is view of presenter when no prototypes exist for it.
I implement it this way to easy notice what part of ui not designed

> how do we save and publish UI on monticello?
>
> Stef

This is good question. No solution for this yet. And I don't know how
easilly it can be done.
All prototypes of application holds in "guide uiBuilder prototypesManager"
(PtyPrototypesManager instance). So special way to store this object should
be implemented.
Maybe solutions from UI designers can be used.
For my application I just save this object to "skin" file and load it when
needed.