[Pharo-project] Glamour theme

Tudor Girba tudor.girba at gmail.com
Mon Apr 25 14:17:02 EDT 2011

Hi,

On 25 Apr 2011, at 17:49, Alexandre Bergel wrote:

> Hi Doru,
>
> Just wondering whether you have tried to remove the black border of each windows.

The border is not black, it is only slightly darker and it is basically there to distinguish overlapping windows from one another.

> I indeed like to not have it around button, scrollbar. Why not windows?

You have a border around buttons, because you want to distinguish them from the background. The scrollbar does not have a border because you can already distinguish it against the white.

> I have the impression what the window color has to slightly change when not in foreground.

This is a terrible mechanism that I cannot make to work consistently. At least not yet. In any case, you would probably still want a small border.

> I like the theme, even if I am more rounded than squared :-)

The main reason for the square look is that rounded borders look terrible. If this would change, I would definitely play with it :).

Cheers,
Doru

> Cheers,
> Alexandre