[Pharo-project] out of memory - cog on windows

Alain_Rastoul alr.dev at free.fr
Thu Apr 21 16:09:11 EDT 2011

Hi Tudor,

There is a constant in sqWin32Alloc.h (platforms\win32\vm) :
#define MAX_VIRTUAL_MEMORY 512*1024*1024
you can change it to whatever you want and rebuild the vm,
for exzmple give all the available memory less 256 M .

HTH

Regards
Alain

"Tudor Girba" <tudor.girba at gmail.com> a écrit
dans le message de news: 03B9389F-C719-44D0-B106-2AC78B120F56 at gmail.com...
Hi,

We have no specific startUp: methods in Moose. In any case, the issue with
opening the image does not seem to be related to startUp:.

Is it really true that the Cog VM is limited to 512MB of memory?

Cheers,
Doru

--
www.tudorgirba.com