[Pharo-project] CommandShell

David T. Lewis lewis at mail.msen.com
Thu May 27 10:45:39 EDT 2010

On Thu, May 27, 2010 at 09:04:37AM +0200, laurent laffont wrote:
> Hi Dave,
>
> I've managed to make it running in Pharo (remove all isMorphic ifFalse ...
> stuff, change menu registration, a little work is needed to adapt to Pharo
> new settings system). It works (I can publish a package when back at home).
>
> Now I suppose you want to keep it running on Squeak, I don't know how to
> handle differences on world menu and preferences.
>
> For the MVC part, is there some value in keeping it ?

Hi Laurent,

Thanks, I would be very interested in seeing your changes, especially the
menu registration fixes.

I do want to keep this working on MVC and on other Squeak images. What
I really need to do is repackage CommandShell and OSProcess so that
everything is not all in two giant packages. I originally "packaged"
these many years ago before Squeak had real packages and Monticello,
so I basically separated things into two completely separate SAR packages
that could be independently maintained (even though CommandShell and
OSProcess were intended to work together). That was quite a project
at the time, but it is badly out of date now, so I need to go back
and make this stuff work properly with Metacello configurations.

Dave