[Pharo-project] plan for 1.1

Schwab,Wilhelm K bschwab at anest.ufl.edu
Wed May 26 08:52:35 EDT 2010

Stef,

My initial reaction to 1.1's approaching release was "where are the callbacks/aliens?"  Sig appears to be offering some competition to Alien.  If he/we can provide a comprehensive and convenient way to make calls, do callbacks, additionally put calls onto other OS threads, and do all of this on the three major platforms, then it could easily turn out the best option for external interfacing.

I am happy to see us take time to get it right.  My only concern would be that we not fall into a pattern of leaving out the difficult things that we set out to accomplish with a given release.  Since 1.1 is approaching releasable form and FFI/Alien/NB is unclear at present, a release makes sense.

Short answer: sure, whatever you say :)

Bill