[Pharo-project] nice story for next generation debugger

Igor Stasenko siguctua at gmail.com
Wed May 19 17:34:16 EDT 2010

On 19 May 2010 23:52, stephane ducasse <stephane.ducasse at free.fr> wrote:
> Hi
>
> I have a quite fun bug.
> I load some code and suddenly the packageOrganizer is wiped out and contains worng information.
> I checked checked checked no success so far and I would love to have something to say notify me when any change
> happen to the dictionary of packageOrganizer.

I has similar thoughts about tracking the object's changes.
It could possibly done by replacing a reference to an object by proxy,
which intercepts all messages sent to it
and then, sending the same message to wrapped object,
and after that, compares a object's contents with its hollow copy
(which made beforehead).
Then , if change is detected - notify a listener.

So, this is quite easy to implement.. but integrating it into a
debugger is a lil bit another story :)

> Stef

Best regards,
Igor Stasenko AKA sig.