[Pharo-project] gettext package

Hilaire Fernandes hilaire.fernandes at gmail.com
Tue May 4 16:24:26 EDT 2010

Michael Rueger a écrit :

>> can you give a sketch example so that I the it?
>>
>> instaed of  'lkjhlk' translated
>>     NaturalLanguageTranslator translated: 'lkjhlk'
>
> No, you keep the 'lkjhlk' translated :-)
>
> Apologies, the current implementation does already what I meant
>
> String>>translated
>     ^ NaturalLanguageTranslator current translate: self

The message current has changed, it seems to have a different meaning in
recent reimplementation of NaturalLanguageTranslator.
I rewrote it like bellow:

String>>translated
"answer the receiver translated to the default language"
    ^NaturalLanguageTranslator translate: self

> All you would need to do is to exchange the implementation of
> NaturalLanguageTranslator depending on whether you want to use the
> current implementation or gettext.

Do we want to have two implemenations or do we just want a dummy
NaturalLanguageTranslator class, and the gettext support as an external
package?

Hilaire