[Pharo-project] Major shrinks

Mariano Martinez Peck marianopeck at gmail.com
Tue Mar 23 05:24:31 EDT 2010

On Tue, Mar 23, 2010 at 10:19 AM, Lukas Renggli <renggli at gmail.com> wrote:

> What I do on my build server is to unload the tests:
>
> (MCWorkingCopy allManagers
>        inject: Gofer new
>        into: [ :gofer :each |
>                ((each packageName endsWith: 'Test') or: [ each
> packageName endsWith: 'Tests' ])
>                        ifTrue: [ gofer package: each packageName ].
>                gofer ])
>        unload.

ScriptLoader >> cleanUpForProduction   do that but similary:

#(#Tests #CollectionsTests #CompilerTests #FreeTypeTests #GraphicsTests
#KernelTests #MorphicTests #MultilingualTests #NetworkTests #ToolsTest)
        do: [ :each | (MCPackage named: each) unload ].    "unload SUnit"
    Smalltalk globals
        at: #TestCase
        ifPresent: [ :class | SystemChangeNotifier uniqueInstance
noMoreNotificationsFor: class ].
    #(#SUnitGUI #SUnit) do: [ :each | (MCPackage named: each) unload ].

Maybe we you should change it ?

> > Hi folks. I was playing a bit trying to shrink a little a PharoCore
> image.
> > My idea was to think a shrink that was be acceptable for the most common
> > scenario: a runtime (production) environment where. Of course, some of
> the
> > things I do in the shrinks has side effects, but most of the times, you
> can
> > deal with that in such scenarios.
>
> Shouldn't most of the code you publish be part of the <cleanup> protocol?

You refere to the "new" cleanUp protocol ?

The thing is that not everything is a cleanUp, but a shrink. Suppose the
code that zap all the organizations...that's not a cleanUp.
So, maybe yes, but not all of them.

Cheers

Mariano