[Pharo-project] Question about HostMenuSystem

Mariano Martinez Peck marianopeck at gmail.com
Sun Mar 21 19:07:26 EDT 2010

On Thu, Mar 18, 2010 at 11:55 PM, Michael Rueger <m.rueger at acm.org> wrote:

> On 3/18/10 3:38 PM, Mariano Martinez Peck wrote:
>
>> Hi folks. I want to remove HostMenuSystem from PharoCore image.
>> Probably, I can put it on PharoDev image but of course, it will be
>> accesible also from squeaksource to download it. I don't this is a
>> "core" package. In order to do that, I found the following problem.
>>
>> Look to InputEventSensor >> processMenuEvent: evt
>>

> You could also remove this code completely, including the call to
> processMenuEvent: and then the HostMenuSystem could register its own input
> event listener upon installation. See UserInterruptHandler for an example
> how to do this.

Hi Michael. Let me see if I understood.

- In PharoCore I remove InputEventSensor >> processMenuEvent:  and the
invocation from ImputEventSensor >> processEvent: evt

- In the package HostMenuSystem, I create a subclass of InputEventHandler
(Suppose called HostMenuEventHandler). It is correct to subclass from this
class ?

- In HostMenuEventHandler  I create the method handleEvent:  that does the
if type = EventTypeMenu and do everything

- In a class side method initialize or similar, I put:

HostMenuEventHandler new registerIn: InputEventFetcher default.

Is that correct? I mean, it is correct to register in InputEventFetcher  or
I should use another class ?

Thanks a lot.

Mariano