[Pharo-project] Traits and PHP

Stefan Marr pharo at stefan-marr.de
Thu Mar 18 09:49:20 EDT 2010

On 18 Mar 2010, at 14:35, Lukas Renggli wrote:

>> Some people are working at google to make traits part of Javascript.
>
> How do traits fit into a prototype model? Has anybody written about that?
Tom Van Cutsem, Alexandre Bergel, Stéphane Ducasse, Wolfgang De Meuter: Adding State and Visibility Control to Traits Using Lexical Nesting. ECOOP 2009: 220-243

And at least in the beginning, Tom[1] was thinking about something along the lines of what I called 'grafts' in my RFC for PHP[2]. But since the reference is gone, I guess he is up to something different now.

Best regards
Stefan

[1] http://code.google.com/p/es-lab/wiki/Traits
[2] http://wiki.php.net/rfc/horizontalreuse