[Pharo-project] databases

Bart Gauquie bart.gauquie at gmail.com
Thu Feb 18 06:13:00 EST 2010

Dear All,

We've also created a (little) project that uses Magma:
http://www.squeaksource.com/SunnysidePlanning2/

<http://www.squeaksource.com/SunnysidePlanning2/>We've noticed, if you cache
the correct things, Magma is single user very fast; but also highly scalable
(ha options + the number of items it can hold in a collection).

Once the initial setUp was done, adding new behaviour on our domain objects
took no effort. No effort at all. It just got saved ...

Kind Regards,

Bart

2010/2/17 laurent laffont <laurent.laffont at gmail.com>

> Gofer new
> squeaksource: 'MetacelloRepository';
> package: 'ConfigurationOfMagma';
>  load.
> (Smalltalk at:#ConfigurationOfMagma) project latestVersion load
>
> Fantastic !
>
> and there's also:
> ConfigurationOfGlorpDBX
> ConfigurationOfSQLite3
> ConfigurationOfSqueakDBX
>
> Laurent Laffont
>

> 2010/2/17 Germán Arduino <garduino at gmail.com>
>

>> 2010/2/17 Dave Woodward <davewoodward at promedmedical.net>

>>> Magma is the option I select, but not tried yet on Pharo.
>>>

>>> Magma 1.0v43 works on Pharo,
>>>

>> Good to know.

imagination is more important than knowledge - Albert Einstein
Logic will get you from A to B. Imagination will take you everywhere -
Albert Einstein
Learn from yesterday, live for today, hope for tomorrow. The important thing
is not to stop questioning. - Albert Einstein
The true sign of intelligence is not knowledge but imagination. - Albert
Einstein
- Sir Winston Churchill
It's not enough that we do our best; sometimes we have to do what's
required. - Sir Winston Churchill