[Pharo-project] [squeak-dev] Re: Menu Registries

Andreas Raab andreas.raab at gmx.de
Thu Apr 29 02:03:29 EDT 2010

On 4/28/2010 2:44 PM, Henrik Sperre Johansen wrote:
> My point was rather the pragmas in Squeak are more closely coupled with
> the point it is actually defined, in that you defined the pragma itself
> in the accessor method for the variable, rather than having 1-N
> declarations in a single method, pointing to 1-N places where those
> settings values can actually be found.

Right. The other advantage is that the simple "pragma" (which we've
already established isn't a pragma at all) is trivial to support. Here
is an implementation for Pharo, taking all of six methods (it would have
been three methods if the Settings framework had been structured a
little different :-)

Oh, and as a free goodie you get the ability to browse the implementors
of both, #systemsettings as well as
#preference:category:description:type: if you're curious where and how
these annotations are used.

Cheers,
   - Andreas