[Pharo-project] Inserting halts using pragmas?

Marcus Denker marcus.denker at inria.fr
Mon Apr 12 08:21:26 EDT 2010

On Apr 12, 2010, at 2:12 PM, Igor Stasenko wrote:

> On 12 April 2010 14:30, Stéphane Ducasse <stephane.ducasse at inria.fr> wrote:
>> There was a break on enter code somewhere.
>> Does anybody remember?
>>
>> I remember some code of igor to do that.
>> Would be good to resurrect that.
>>
> well, i still having that code somewhere.
> the problem with using  #run:with:in:
> that you can't put a breakpoint inside an arbitrary place in method.
> You can break on entering a method (or leaving it).

You could just store the AST in your fake method, put the halt as an annotation, then
interpret the AST with a special interpreter that checks for the annotation.

Phillippe did a evaluation-visitor for the RB AST, and the RB AST allows for
properties to be set on any node. The code is in the Reflectivity package (part
of the Persephone "JIT"), so we would have already large parts of the needed
infrastructure.

	Marcus

INRIA Lille -- Nord Europe. Team RMoD.