[Pharo-project] [squeak-dev] Re: SqueakSource is unusable

jaayer jaayer at zoho.com
Sat Apr 10 23:48:37 EDT 2010

---- On Sat, 10 Apr 2010 13:29:33 -0700 Bert Freudenberg <bert at freudenbergs.de> wrote ----

>On 10.04.2010, at 21:19, stephane ducasse wrote:
>>

>> On Apr 10, 2010, at 7:16 PM, Bert Freudenberg wrote:
>>
>>> Thanks.
>>>
>>> I just merged the stuff I developed lately
>>
>> which is?
>
>Most importantly, projects can have parent projects now (only if a site-wide setting is enabled). This is to support "inbox" style use - when mailing out diffs, the diff based is searched in a project's parent project too.
>
>Also, you can enable developers to move versions, not just admins. This is a per-project setting, again to enable developers to clean out an "inbox" repository. There can also be a default target project for moves.
>
>Since SSProject grew too many instance variables, I added a properties dictionary just like we have for versions and repositories. Refactoring might be in order but I just copied and pasted. Sorry ;)
>
>There are a few minor changes, see the version history :)
>
>- Bert -

Bert, something else I would really like to see is sticky sessions. It is annoying to continually discover I've been logged out and my session has expired every time I should happen to neglect a SS page open in a browser tab for a little too long. This forces me not only to log back in but also to re-navigate to whatever page I was viewing, as starting a new session takes you back to the homepage. This can be remedied with AJAX, specifically a Prototype or JQuery periodical on an empty <div/> that invokes an empty #refresh callback on the server side every 30 seconds or so. This keeps the session alive as long as a SS page is open.