[Pharo-project] Update 10458 fails with MNU

Brian Brown brian at ablelinktech.com
Tue Sep 29 13:35:38 EDT 2009

On Sep 29, 2009, at 2:21 AM, Damien Cassou wrote:

> On Tue, Sep 29, 2009 at 7:49 AM, Stéphane Ducasse
> <stephane.ducasse at inria.fr> wrote:
>> We should really discuss if we want to have installer or gofer in the
>> core.
>
> Installer allows to write installation scripts whereas Gofer allows to
> load MC packages. Gofer can be seen as a possible backend for
> Installer.
>
> You should not think in term of which one to choose because their
> roles are completely different.

I agree completely. I think we should have installer in the core, as
it's stated goals and functionality seem to be exactly what we need
for our modularized system. Gofer could and should be a backend for
it, and if the consensus is include installer in the core, then I will
write the adapter for gofer.

- Brian