[Pharo-project] Alien and special objects Array

Johan Brichau johan.brichau at uclouvain.be
Tue Sep 29 08:49:14 EDT 2009

Indeed.

The error is in the 'fixTemp' of the errorCode variable of the
primitive method.
It appears that the latest Pharo has its own #fixTemp: method on the
encoder, which is overwritten by the one in the Alien-Prereqs package.

I removed the #fixTemp: method that comes with Alien and all seems to
work just fine if we stick with the one that comes from Pharo (all
tests are green). A note to make is that the #fixTemp: of Alien was
never executed before this version of Pharo, simply because the #code:
method on a MethodNode has never existed (which is sent by the
#fixTemp: that comes with Alien).

However, I'm not comfortable saying that this is the right patch to
make. Perhaps someone familiar with the compiler or John can tell us
if this is fine?
Another issue might be the compatibility with Squeak here. I should
take a look....

I published the patch anyway in the meantime.

On 29 Sep 2009, at 10:50, Torsten Bergmann wrote:

> Just try it in latest #10462.
>
> with
>
> ScriptLoader loadLatestPackage: 'AlienLoader' from: 'http://www.squeaksource.com/Alien'
> .