[Pharo-project] [squeak-dev] [ANN] STicky

Hernán Morales Durand hernan.morales at gmail.com
Sun Sep 27 09:17:42 EDT 2009

Ok, maybe this is going to be a sticky post? :)
I have no problems installing with the following script in a Pharo-Core #10458 :

| instClass |
instClass := Smalltalk at: #Installer ifAbsent: [ ScriptLoader new
installingInstaller ].
instClass ss
	project: 'STicky';
	install: 'STicky'

The extra packages (translators or evaluators) are loaded by request
selecting the menu item (I don't want to load all the translators in
one-pass because people may want to just use one and that would load
many unnecessary packages for them), maybe you have to wait a little
bit until the installer finish a particular package loading? Have you
received any exception or walkback selecting a specific translator?

Hernán

PS : The only problem I have is in a clean image if opening the
interactive workspace before anything else, some code is compiled in
test classes automatically, and it seems Author>>fullName assumes one
must provide initials before compiling anything or the system will not
continue to work.

[fullName isEmptyOrNil ] whileTrue: [self requestFullName].