[Pharo-project] CAnalyer

Igor Stasenko siguctua at gmail.com
Sat Sep 26 00:02:53 EDT 2009

2009/9/26 Schwab,Wilhelm K <bschwab at anest.ufl.edu>:
> I was digging around on Squeak Source for OSProcess and friends, and ran across CAnalyzer.  Are there any papers on it?  How robust is it?  What does it extract from C code?  For example, might one put the GSL (www.gnu.org/software/gsl) header files into it, pull out all of the structure definitions and function prototypes, and generate LOTS of FFI code to make a wrapper?  Just a thought...

I having a modified version of SWIG, which can parse C++ files,
including classes and
nested classes, to produce smalltalk code wrappers.

Reproducing the SWIG in smalltalk would be very time consuming.
But it would be cool to have a C/C++ parser implementation.

SWIG is not only parsing, its also doing macro preprocessing, so its
can't be fooled with macros :)

> Bill

Best regards,
Igor Stasenko AKA sig.