[Pharo-project] OSProcess question

Schwab,Wilhelm K bschwab at anest.ufl.edu
Fri Sep 25 23:48:22 EDT 2009

I see various ways to run something, none of which are quite what I want.  The objective is to run openssl in a particular directory.  I have no need to make this portable (unless you mean running on all of Ubuntu, Debian, Slackware, etc. <g>), so #forkAndExec:...workingDirectory: would almost be ok, **but**, I need to wait around for the result.  In truth, there are a few things that have to happen in sequence; perhaps I could simply write multiple lines to the command string.

Still, in the interest of idealism, it would be nice to run the commands on other than the Pharo main thread (no sense diving into something that might not return[*]), and to know when the work is done, and to get the different steps to happen in sequence.

There was mention of tests for OSProcess (which might provide clues), but I have not been able to find them.  Any hints?

Bill

[*] insert Windows joke here :)